See this link on how we handle the personal information of our shareholders.
We recognize the importance of protecting personal information and believe that it is our social responsibility to handle such information in an appropriate manner during the course of our business activities. As a company, we will adhere to the following procedures in order to fulfill that responsibility.
1. Respecting the Rights of Individuals
We respect the rights of individuals regarding personal information. When requested by an individual to disclose, correct, delete, or not use or provide such information, we will do everything reasonably possible to verify that it is a proper request and respond accordingly.
2. Acquisition, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
With regard to the handling of personal information, we will acquire, use, and provide such information appropriately, and take necessary measures to ensure that it is not used for any purpose other than for that which it was provided. In cases where such personal information will be handled in a way that is outside the scope of use for which it was provided, we will obtain the prior consent of the individual concerned.
3. Laws, Ordinances, Guidelines, and Regulations Concerning Personal Information
We will comply with laws, ordinances, government guidelines, and other regulations relating to personal information.
4. Secure Management of Personal Information
We will take reasonable measures to prevent improper access to and the leak, loss, destruction, and/or falsification of personal information. Should such a situation arrive, corrective measures will be taken.
5. Complaints and Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
We will take prompt action to respond to any complaints and inquiries regarding personal information.
6. Protective Measures Concerning Personal Information
We will constantly review and improve measures to appropriately protect personal information.
7. Education for Executives and Employees
We will educate our executives and employees on how to handle personal information and increase their awareness regarding laws, ordinances, and other regulations concerning the protection of personal information.
Handling of Personal Information of Shareholders
1. We will use the personal information of shareholders for the following purposes:
- The execution of rights and the performance of obligations of shareholders based on laws and ordinances.
- The provision of various information regarding the Company and the Group to shareholders.
- The presentation of various advantages for shareholders who are part of the shareholder benefit program.
- The implementation of various measures, including shareholder questionnaires.
- Shareholder management, including the creation of data and statistical information.
2. Inquiries Concerning Shareholder Personal Information
The personal information of our shareholders will be held and administered by Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Limited, who is our shareholder registry administrator and special account manager, strictly in accordance with the agreement between said bank and the Company, unless otherwise submitted to the Company using a different procedure. If verification of personal information in relation to the shareholder registry or special account is required, inquiries can be made to Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank by following the instructions in the "Stock Procedures." Please contact us concerning any other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information of shareholders.